- To clearly distinguish advertisements from editorial content, we require that all white background ads come with a border.
- All ads will open new browser window.
- No on-load pop-over ads.
- All versions of creative that will be served via a third-party must be provided for testing and approval prior to appearing on the site.
- In the event a third-party ad server fails or fails to respond in a reasonable time frame, the Tribune has the right to pull the ad from our pages until the problem has been rectified.
- Images cannot be pixelated and need to be good quality.
- All ad units must be clearly identified as such.
SITE AD SPECS
Format. .jpg (.jpeg), .png, .gif. or most third-party tags and HTML5 creatives. File size. Must be under 999KB.
970 x 250 px at 72 dpi, 300 x 250 px at 72 dpi, 728 x 90 px at 72 dpi
EMAIL AD SPECS
Format. .jpg (.jpeg) or .png
File size. Must be under 999KB. Ad size. 300 x 250 px at 72 dpi
Format. .mov, .mp4 or .mpeg File size. Must be under 32MB. Length. 10 - 15 seconds
Creative Delivery. Please allow 72 hours for launch of materials.
The Texas Tribune reserves the right to reject any ad based on content or images contained in the banner.
Products. To help identify a funder, one specific product or brand name item may be mentioned in audio and depicted in an ad. In addition, up to three generic product lines or target markets for a company’s products may be mentioned in audio and identified by means of text or generic symbols in video (e.g., “maker of the VAX-111 computer [specific product] and other computers for business, government, and personal use [target markets].”
Underwriter Location. It is permissible to cite location, telephone number information and website addresses. In the alternative, it may be a generic reference to the area served. Slogans and Corporate-Positioning Statements. Slogans or corporate “positioning” statements that are used to identify a company are acceptable; direct comparison with other companies, or with other companies’ products or services (“when a Cadillac just isn’t good enough”) are not permitted.
Use of People. Actors/actresses or corporate representatives may appear in a credit. Further, for purposes of identifying a funder, employees of a company may be shown in a credit, provided, however, that if employees are used, specific products may not be shown.